Big Beacon presents a FREE WEBINAR 4 Reasons Why “Everybody Needs a Coach” Business leaders,…
Women are significantly underrepresented in engineering, and this will be our topic for the 2/20/2013 8PM EST #BigBeacon Twitter Chat. Our discussion will include such topics as stereotypes and bias.
What is a Twitter Chat? Learn more here.
More suggested readings to share? Post in the comments below.
Questions for the Twitter Chat
- Women are Underrepresented in Engineering. Why does this matter? Why do we care?
- Girls are interested in STEM, but a majority do not pursue it. Why is this and how do we change it?
- Stereotype: Engineering is masculine. How can we challenge this stereotype?
- Does the stereotype that boys are better than girls in math and science still affect girls today?
- What can we do in colleges and universities to attract and retain women in engineering?
- Does implicit bias against women still exist and influence participation in engineering?
- What are you doing to influence parity for women in engineering?
Twitter Chat Summary
See the Storify Summary here: http://storify.com/BigBeacon/big-beacon-twitter-chat-20130220
In addition, you can still participate in the conversation by using the #bigbeacon hashtag at anytime, or posting comments on this thread.