Bulk Pre-Order Today: A Whole New Engineer

Starting today, you can place your bulk pre-orders for A Whole New Engineer: The Coming Revolution in Engineering Education.  The book is at the printers and will ship on 1 October 2014.  Write Dave Goldberg (deg@bigbeacon.org) for pricing and expected delivery times on carton-sized shipments (in multiples of 22) today.

The book is 288 pages long and is largely narrative driven. It is written for a general audience with compelling stories, authentic student voices, and research-driven conclusions; it is designed to be read by students, parents, educators, employers, professionals, and policy makers.  Here is what a number of thought leaders are saying about the book:

“Everyone involved with educating engineers should read this book twice—once for inspiration and a second time for planning. A Whole New Engineer provides a roadmap for overhauling the stale, soul-deadening, plug-into-the-equation style of engineering education. In its place will emerge a system built on creativity and collaboration and initiative. If that sounds like fantasy, think again: The authors have already made it happen, and their students are reaping the rewards.”
Dan Heath, Co-Author of the New York Times bestsellers Made to Stick, Switch, and Decisive 

“Don’t let the title of this wonderful book fool you. This is not just a well-researched and expertly written primer on how to fix our system for educating engineers and making a vital discipline appealing to a broader cross-section of students. Professors Goldberg and Somerville have also given us a detailed roadmap on how we can reform higher education in general to turn out the confident risk-takers and critical thinkers desperately needed to make the world better for everyone in it.”
Linda P. B. Katehi, Chancellor, University of California, Davis

“This isn’t just a book about engineering. It’s a book about education, entrepreneurship, and — ultimately — the future. Read it and prepare to take notes!”
Daniel H. Pink, Author of the New York Times Bestsellers To Sell is Human, Drive, and A Whole New Mind

“Far more than an inspiring story about the transformation of engineering education, this remarkable book serves as a call to action and blueprint for reinventing all education for the 21st century. Everyone concerned about the preparation of the next generation for their – and our – future should read this important book.”
Tony Wagner, Harvard University

The book will soon be available in hardcover and e-book versions on most online booksellers.  The hardcover version will be available locally through major book wholesale distributors.  Keep an eye on www.bigbeacon.org/book for announcements regarding the book and its availability.  Write Dave Goldberg (deg@bigbeacon.org) for pricing and expected delivery times on carton-sized shipments (in multiples of 22) today.

Back To Top