Call for Papers for fPET 2023 2023 Forum on Philosophy, Engineering, and Technology 19-21 April…
Join me, Dave Goldberg (@deg511), for the last twitter twitter chat before summer break on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 8 pm Eastern Time using the hashtag #BigBeacon.
In this chat we review our discussions from the beginning of the year and reflect on the most important topics and issues we discussed.
During the chat we consider the following questions among others:
- What topics and questions discussed thus far have been most important, controversial, enlightening, interesting or otherwise engaging?
- What are the key remaining obstacles to true transformation in engineering education and K-12 #STEM education?
- What, where, and with whom are the key opportunities for near-term transformative change in engineering and STEM ed?
- As the wraps come off the Big Beacon this year, what are the greatest opportunities for collaborative disruption of the status quo?
- What are the most important line items in the Big Beacon Manifesto and why? (Examine www.bigbeacon.org before or during the chat)
- What chapter of the book A Whole New Engineer is most important and why? (Examine www.bigbeacon.org/book before or during the chat)
Join us for the last chat before summer. #BigBeacon chats will resume following summer break on Wednesday, August 27th at 8pm EST.
Join us tomorrow – Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 8 pm EST on #BigBeacon
How to Twitter Chat
If you’ve never Twitter chatted before, don’t worry; it’s very easy. First, get a free Twitter account (here) if you don’t already have one, and log in. At 8 PM EST on Wednesday go to twitter.com and type #BigBeacon into the search box on Twitter. Thereafter all the tweets with the hashtag #BigBeacon will show up on your Twitter page. To participate, simply express your opinion by sending a tweet, and be sure to append the hashtag #BigBeacon so other members of the Twitter Chat see you are posting. Alternatively, automate the hashtag search and append feature by using the free service Tchat at http://www.tchat.io.